September 18, 2008 is the “Day of Reckoning” as Mythic Entertainment announces the release of Warhammer Online, the most awaited MMORPG this year!
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR) which was taken from Games Workshop’s popular Warhammer fantasy war game series, features next generation Realm vs. Realm (RvR) combat. The theme of this game is based on the never-ending war between two forces in order to institute the destiny of their nations.
• Upon entering WAR, players must determine their allegiance and join an army. Those inclined towards the good side may fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf, or human soldier of the Empire). Those leaning towards evil may side with the sinister Realm of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf or worshiper of Chaos).
• Next generation Realm vs. Realm (RvR) combat. This takes place within three different racial pairings: Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, Empire vs. Chaos, and High Elves vs. Dark Elves.
• RvR game system integrates both Player vs. Player (PvP) combat and Player vs. Environment (PvE) quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
• A robust combat system allows players to customize their character’s combat abilities with Career Masteries, Tactics and Morale Skills.
• Invade enemy lands, besiege imposing fortresses, and sack sprawling capital cities for the glory of your Realm. Wield devastating magic and deadly weapons, battle monstrous creatures, and join your brothers-in-arms in epic Public Quests.
• Tome of Knowledge (ToK), a multi-purpose reference tool that is designed to provide the player with a great deal of detailed information about the game world. Players will have the ability to share their Tome with other players. It will be a source of bragging rights, as the more you play the game the fatter your Tome will get. It will track all your accomplishments and experiences, and serve as proof of all the enemies you've slain.
Available for PC, this game was rated as "T" for TEEN (Age 13+) by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). Gamers who will pre-order their copy of Warhammer Online will get a chance to join the open beta test which will start on September 7, 2008 as well as equipping their characters with two bonus in-game items. The North American, European and Oceanic servers will simultaneously go live on the said release date.
This game is also rumored as having the potential to be the next World of Warcraft! Garnering several MMO honors, many are awaiting to see if Warhammer will really live up to its expectation. Like the rest of us, avid gamers will just have around 30 days to see for themselves what the hype is all about...
"A new age is dawning and war is everywhere. It is an age of bitter rivalry and lethal conflict, of
vile treachery and legendary heroics. It is an age in which mighty armies
will meet on the field of battle to decide the fate of nations."